collapse

Author Topic: The Emergency Blanket Fort.  (Read 7952 times)

Offline Suzee

• Magic Suzee
  • Weyrwoman
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave
  • Gmail: svana.deloren@gmail.com
  • Pronouns: she/her
Re: The Emergency Blanket Fort.
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2017, 01:42:10 PM »
Every person in the United States of America does not share your sentiment Leigh. But that is one of the things that makes the USA a great country.

Yesterday I was proud to be an American and watch as people with vastly opposing viewpoints joined together to support the office of the President. While not the choice of many, my hope is that he carries out the duties of the office faithfully; to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

But before you apologize to the world and try to incite impeachment, perhaps you need to give him a chance to actually do or not do something.  At this point he's been President less than 48 hours.  I think it's probably a bit premature to charge the President of the United States with treason or any other infraction.

Both Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton were 'in fact' impeached, however this did not remove them from office.  While Richard Nixon was almost impeached he was not because he instead resigned. So rather than hope he is a criminal, I hope he does better than the Nay Sayers predict.

I don't know about you but personally I don't think shooting the pilot of the plane I'm riding in is a good course of action.

So, he is the President, so I will wait and pray, and see what he can do.  History will be a much better judge than I can be at this moment in time. And just for the record... I didn't vote for him either.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 01:44:35 PM by Suzee »

Offline Devin

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2017, 10:04:59 PM »
Well I'm not "waiting". I'm marching. I'm standing with women (and men and nonbinary people) the world over who say NO.

NO!

NO!

Offline Leigh

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2017, 12:28:22 AM »
I wanna march, but there aren't any demonstrations close enough that I could drive there in a reasonable amount of time. :-(

Offline emma

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2017, 01:16:09 AM »
Guys, Can we please leave politics of the forums.  If you want to have these discussions, please do it offline.  This is a forum for a game, where people come to hopefully have fun and find some release from the stresses and strains of real life.

Yes, I get that the USA elected and last week inaugurated a divisive figure. Yes I get that people are worried for the future. But hey, nobody has a perfect government, and there are always things people will love/hate about it (Brexit anyone?)

Okay - rant over, please go back to moaning about regular stuff, like why does the price of diesel go up the moment the fuel light comes on in my car????

Offline Paula

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2017, 09:50:52 PM »
I agree with Emma. If there's one thing prone to create bad/hurt feelings and make friends fall out, it's politics (and religion).

Speaking of rl woes...hubby forget his (work)laptop to home this morning, and I had to rush too early to work to deliver it to him (he fetched it from me). It's much shorter drive from his workplace to my workplace than to our home. *Yawn*

"The truth is out there but the lies are inside your head." Terry Pratchett

Gabriel Lorca: "I still don't give a damn.  .

Chloe: A list of everyone you've slept with in the past eight weeks.
Lucifer: Right. You'll need a much bigger notepad.

Maze to Lucifer: I'm worried that humans are rubbing of

Offline Leigh

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2017, 10:50:02 PM »
I had to put Kravitz, my cat, to sleep yesterday. He was seventeen.

It hurts. It hurts a lot. I had fair warning, but it still hurts. Everything feels so weird without him in my life, and it's only been a day and a half or thereabouts. I had him for fifteen consecutive and non-consecutive years. He called me "Mom." He was mine and I was his.

So I'm sorry to say this, especially after I've been such a horrible brat sometimes, but I need a few days. I'm gonna try to get back on track really soon, yet for now, I need to let my brain fall apart and allow it to hurt.

Sorry again if I'm letting anyone down.

[grabs a few extra blankets and bundles self in 'em, and has a slug of mead]

Offline Suzee

• Magic Suzee
  • Weyrwoman
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave
  • Gmail: svana.deloren@gmail.com
  • Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2017, 07:33:08 AM »
I know the feeling Leigh, it wasn't that long ago I had to do the same for my Lady Calliope.  She wasn't quite that old but we were longtime friends.

It's hard and it hurts. **Hugs your blankets**

Offline Paula

« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2017, 09:14:35 PM »
Seventeen? That's a respectable age for a cat. Don't worry, we understand. He was with you for a long time. *Hands extra soft blankett to Leigh*
"The truth is out there but the lies are inside your head." Terry Pratchett

Gabriel Lorca: "I still don't give a damn.  .

Chloe: A list of everyone you've slept with in the past eight weeks.
Lucifer: Right. You'll need a much bigger notepad.

Maze to Lucifer: I'm worried that humans are rubbing of

Offline Leigh

« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2017, 11:00:00 PM »
I don't like feeling like this. I'm gonna try to get back to work on Sunday, maybe late Saturday night.

Thank you, Suzee and Paula.

* CBOX V10

* Discord

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal