Hello all!
As you know we recently had some difficulty with our forums. While the reason was outside our control (attack of the spammers) some of this could have been ameliorated by a newer version of the forum software. Therefore, after much discussion and work with Emma, We'll be upgrading the forums to the newest version of phpBB next weekend.
During the time of the upgrade the forums will be taken offline so please be aware you may not be able to log in for a few hours during the process. I plan on doing this on Saturday morning at 9:00 am Pacific Coast Time.
When we're done there will be some new features available and at least one new style or skin. I hope you'll enjoy what we've come up with and the new functionality.
:cheers:
For those of us in Europe, that's 16:00 GMT (17:00 BST, 18:00 CEST)
And as it is the start of a four day weekend for the Diamond Jubilee in the UK, I'll be around ;) It's a bank holiday, the hot weather won't last!
Quote from: "emma"For those of us in Europe, that's 16:00 GMT (17:00 BST, 18:00 CEST)
And as it is the start of a four day weekend for the Diamond Jubilee in the UK, I'll be around ;) It's a bank holiday, the hot weather won't last!
I was watching a Tudors marathon on BBC America the other day and they were talking about the Diamond Jubilee thing. It's like a giant birthday party for the Queen there or something right? Sounds pretty cool!
http://www.royal.gov.uk/HMTheQueen/TheQ ... e2012.aspx (http://www.royal.gov.uk/HMTheQueen/TheQueenandspecialanniversaries/TheQueensDiamondJubilee2012/TheQueensDiamondJubilee2012.aspx)
You can find information here
Yay! Looking forward to the shiny newness.
Having done of this recently myself elsewhere, I wish you clear skies Suzee :smurf:
But yeah lots of cool new skins out there so that'll be fun. We used to have a forum logo up in the corner there a few forums back but it prolly went into the beyond when the site was redesigned.
Can't wait to see the prettiness though.
Just a reminder, the forum will be going down for a few hours tomorrow.
:bounce:
In an every expanding effort to prevent :spam1:
So please don't :pain10:
Or I may have to: :blob6: :zensur:
And I'll start :cussing: if anyone makes Suzee mad!
Your forum upgrade is here! With only a little bit of a setback in the middle everything seemed to go very smoothly.
Hopefully you'll enjoy the new style. All current members have been added as registered users in the cbox. You must be logged in to post in the cbox.
Please post here if you have any issues with the upgraded software.
the Cbox and how to use it.
Put your Forum name where it says (name)
Put the url of your avatar in the (url)
Click Profile below the boxes to use your forum password to log in
Chat away.
=======
Only registered uses of the forums can post here.
I really like the new look of it!
So I'll try again but it wouldn't lemme use the cbox when i put my password in. Said it was incorrect. otherwise-looking marvelous!!!
Alright, there was an issued with installing the style so I am sure I simply need to revise the code and turn the integration back on.
I'll work with Emma on that piece tomorrow if possible.