Triad Forum

Plotting & Coposts => General Copost Requests => Topic started by: Amy on June 25, 2009, 06:22:11 PM

Title: New Vintner Hall character (co-posts wanted!)
Post by: Amy on June 25, 2009, 06:22:11 PM
Well, I've just submitted my second PC character and while I wait for her to be approved I'd love to get some ideas going for her... so, some basic info since you all can't see her profile (nb. some of this may change, if needed by the persona approval team)

Name--     Taelana (Tae to just about everyone; Lana to a small few.)
Age--     18, just... so she's fairly young.
Location--     Vintner Hall
Job--     Kitchens Worker
Relationship status--     Single (she's managed to escape marriage so far, she's not sure how).
Appearance--     Plain... little miss average... aka. brown hair, brown eyes, little shorter then average, etc.
Personality--     Quiet, thoughtful, daydreamer... but she's really getting interested in cooking (more the actual, mixing ingredients bit... then chopping veggies, but she's not going to complain when she has to do that)... She's pretty easy going, and honestly, pretty easy to miss. She lacks confidence in herself, so she's not one for starting conversations (and she doesn't have much to say about herself, she thinks her life pretty boring) but she's polite and will happily chat if someone starts a conversation. I see her as a pretty good listener too - which could be fun to roleplay.
History--     Vintner Hall born and bred, Vintner father, Creche working mother, 9 siblings now, including three fostered in. Fortunately (and gratefully) the whole family escaped the landslide.

I can't think of anything else to say about her, and she's a pretty blank slate at the moment... open to whatever people want to throw at her... friends, enemies, aunts/uncles, a mentor would be awesome, someone to teach her cooking stuff, or someone to help her build her confidence... love interests could be fun, as in my head she's pretty naive (though, I think I missed that off her profile)...

-shrug-

So yeah, have at her?
Title: Re: New Vintner Hall character
Post by: Paula on June 25, 2009, 10:23:47 PM
There's Keayd, young journeyman with clubfoot. He would like to have a wife but believes he never have one because his deformity.
His kind of bitter and sarcastic time to time, but deep down good hearted and kind and loves to experiment.

This is just a suggestion: What if the accidentaly met and she developed and invisible crush on him?
Despite his foot, Key isn't a bad looking and he is brought up to be nice to the girl-gender.
Title: Re: New Vintner Hall character
Post by: Jane on June 26, 2009, 11:32:44 AM
I have two characters at the Hall.  Teene, a foster mother, and Zandreu, the Tavern Master.
Title: Re: New Vintner Hall character
Post by: Francesca on June 27, 2009, 08:45:27 AM
I would be happy to write for any NPCs.  Just send me an e-mail if you need anything.
Title: Re: New Vintner Hall character
Post by: Amanda N on June 27, 2009, 07:09:09 PM
Zathris is Lord of AHH and goes to the Tavern quite a bit.   :)
Title: Re: New Vintner Hall character
Post by: Amy on June 28, 2009, 03:38:02 AM
Awesome... =D  For what people have turned out, I've a few ideas...

First off, Paula, I had seen Keayd's bit in the newletter bit about the Vintner Hall, and gone 'awww... bless him', so I'm all for Tae meeting him and developing a bit of a crush, I half left her single for that reason (plus the fact I wanted her young and naive-ish). I can see her being shy around him, and then getting sad if he's sarcastic and bitter around him cause she'll be upset that he's not happy - and probably take it for 'never going to be interested'.

Looking at your characters Jane, I fully see Tae having a soft spot for Zandreu, either something carrying on from childhood that we just imply was there before, or if we want to treat it as something new maybe she takes him a meal one day, and then starts to make a bit more of a habit of it. She's very close to her family, so she'd be a little sad that he was so estranged from his and didn't have one of his own.

Teene, on the other hand. Tae isn't fond of kids... or isn't fond of ill mannered kids anyways... so whether she'd know or talk to Teena much I don't know.  Her mother and big sister work in the crèche though, so it's entirely possible she's met Teena in the past.  I'm happy to go wherever with these too. Teena could be a cousin, or just a unrelated slightly older friend... perhaps that Tae confides in from time to time.  Or they could just be people who know of each other, but don't really know each other at all.

Francesca cool... I will let you know if I have any ideas I'd like to play with but lack the characters to do so ^.^

Amanda: Zathris, or more his position would scare Tae, put bluntly lol.  So she'd probably try and keep out of his way... unless she knew him before he became Lord Holder, but even then I think she would have stayed out of his way... would be a fun opportunity to have Tae all nervous and falling all over herself with the "Thank you Lord Holder, Yes Lord Holder" stuff... perhaps making Zathris uncomfortable and what have you... if you're up for it, I certainly am.
Title: Re: New Vintner Hall character
Post by: Cali on June 28, 2009, 01:49:07 PM
Barthella is the Head Cook. :)
Title: Re: New Vintner Hall character
Post by: Amy on June 28, 2009, 02:36:37 PM
Quote from: "Cali"Barthella is the Head Cook. :)

And Tae is totally awed by her -nodnod-
Title: Re: New Vintner Hall character
Post by: Cali on July 01, 2009, 08:20:25 AM
Well Barthella _is_ pretty awe worthy  :geek:
Title: Re: New Vintner Hall character (co-posts wanted!)
Post by: Amy on August 01, 2009, 03:10:45 AM
Just to sort of, bump this thread, I'd really love to get more into Triad - so if anyone who's replied above would like a co-post I'd love and adore you... I realise we've just missed VH being the bonus location (I meant to make use of it, but real life is, meh) but I still have three of my 'first five' posts left... which is a chance for some extra marks guys... =)

(Edit: Oh yes, and she got approved (tho, not sure if it was during the extra marks month or not, =( ) - her profile is linked from my signature.)
Title: Re: New Vintner Hall character (co-posts wanted!)
Post by: Cali on August 01, 2009, 06:23:05 AM
Just send me a start with Barthella and let me know if you want the post to go anyplace in particular. :)
Title: Re: New Vintner Hall character (co-posts wanted!)
Post by: Amanda N on August 01, 2009, 01:03:04 PM
I emailed you!  Though rather belatedly.  July was a crazy month for me.  I'm sorry!  But we can do something now! :)
Title: Re: New Vintner Hall character (co-posts wanted!)
Post by: Jane on August 01, 2009, 02:39:53 PM
Quote from: "Amy"Just to sort of, bump this thread, I'd really love to get more into Triad - so if anyone who's replied above would like a co-post I'd love and adore you... I realise we've just missed VH being the bonus location (I meant to make use of it, but real life is, meh) but I still have three of my 'first five' posts left... which is a chance for some extra marks guys... =)

(Edit: Oh yes, and she got approved (tho, not sure if it was during the extra marks month or not, =( ) - her profile is linked from my signature.)

I have great news for you!  VH is still the bonus location for posting ALL August. http://www.triadweyrs.org/faq.php?q=bonus (http://www.triadweyrs.org/faq.php?q=bonus) :geek:   How lucky is that?

If you send emails to all the people who've volunteered in this topic I'm sure they'll reply.  Especially me.  I'm ready and waiting and very keen on those Bonus Location marks, as I'm sure everybody realises.
Title: Re: New Vintner Hall character (co-posts wanted!)
Post by: Vix on August 02, 2009, 08:35:14 AM
Hartam lives at VH and is the harper for the tavern.