Triad Forum

News and Information => Member Inquiries => Topic started by: Francesca on June 21, 2009, 07:57:53 AM

Title: Weaving Resources
Post by: Francesca on June 21, 2009, 07:57:53 AM
Does anyone know of a good website with basic information about the weaver craft?  I have found some good websites in the past but they don't have all of the information I'm looking for.  I would also like to find RL information on tapestry making.  For example, a step-by-step explanation of the process of making a tapestry.  I also have no sense of how long it would take to make a large, intricate tapestry.  Months?  A year?

Has anyone come across this information?
Title: Re: Weaving Resources
Post by: Amanda N on June 22, 2009, 01:53:40 PM
Did you do a search related to pern or just on tapestry making?  I came up with some stuff when I just did tapestry making.
Title: Re: Weaving Resources
Post by: Francesca on June 23, 2009, 07:33:29 PM
I've done both.  I just did another search and got more great information, including time estimates.

If anyone else had found something, please let me know.
Title: Re: Weaving Resources
Post by: VictoriaS on June 30, 2009, 11:23:46 PM
I'm very into the fiber arts myself and can do a bit of research on member only fiber sites like Ravelry and Weaveolution .... are there specific things you're looking for?
Title: Re: Weaving Resources
Post by: Francesca on July 04, 2009, 11:18:04 AM
Hi Victoria,

Thanks for offering to help!

One of my personas is weaving a big tapestry and I would like to know what I'm talking about before writing any posts about him working on it. :P  So, any information you can find with a step-by-step guide on how to make a tapestry would be great.  I'm also wondering, do really big tapestries need to be made in pieces and then put together?

I already have enough information to fake my way through posts, but any additional info would be great.