collapse

Author Topic: What do green/blueriders do for half the Fall?  (Read 1097 times)

Offline Francesca

What do green/blueriders do for half the Fall?
« on: March 14, 2021, 06:33:36 AM »
I did some digging and couldn't find any information on this, so apologies if it's somewhere. Green and (all?) blue dragons only fly half Fall, right? What are their riders doing for the other half? Are they assigned particular duties and, if so, what kinds of things would they be doing? I also wonder if blue and greenriders are more likely to have healer or dragonhealer training, so they can help out when they're not flying.

Offline Suzee

• Magic Suzee
  • Weyrwoman
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave
  • Gmail: svana.deloren@gmail.com
  • Pronouns: she/her
Re: What do green/blueriders do for half the Fall?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 09:51:04 AM »
Over time I've come to think that they have 'other duties' once their lifemates are exhausted and their riders have bathed them. Duties that don't involve their lifemates who are likely resting.

Personally I have ideas that some of them might deliver firestone when there isn't a weyrling class ready for their 'blooding'.  Or they're Filling the sacks.  In some cases, maybe they're crafting. 

One of mine is a healer so I've always written her working in the infirmary when she wasn't flying 'fall.

This is just my personal opinion.

Offline Heather

• Webbies
  • Gold Dragon
  • "Keelah se'lai."
    • View Profile
  • Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 04:35:19 PM »
I imagine after they have seen to their life mates, they probably help out with basic healing type things as injured come into the weyrbowl - cleaning, numbweed - basic first aid stuff. Maybe they do this with dragons, too, for things that aren’t serious enough to require an actual dragonhealer. I just remember Lessa being jealous over Kylara patching F’lar up in the weyrbowl - but Kylara might have been a Candidate then....

Offline Francesca

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2021, 03:18:14 PM »
Thanks to both of you! I'm not sure yet what to do with this information, but it's helpful.

Offline emma

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2021, 01:19:00 AM »
Those who have training in healing/dragonhealing would report to their respective infirmaries. Any with technician training might be asked to help prepare and service flame throwers for gold dragons and the ground crews. Some may get ready to take the ground crews out and assist them

* CBOX V10

* Discord

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal